Helen's Escape

Sunday, July 22, 2007

The best laid plans of mice and a woman!

It was Steinbeck who quoted these lines of Robbie Burns and I can say it also relates to my plans, albeit in a very different context.

The best-laid plans o' mice an' men
Gang aft a-gley,
An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain
For promised joy.
I have almost completed my Masters in TESOL and was thinking of continuing on with the Masters of Learning Innovation, but my commitment to lifelong learning has all but evaporated, and I am sick of the books and the endless researching on the Web. I love using technology to discover new things, and maybe learning something useful along the way, but I much prefer interesting and fun things. I became ensconced in Cyberlearning and could see a whole new world of possibilites as I ventured on this voyage. My first serious journey along the super highway was when I studied Technology and Language Learning last semester. Some of my creations on the web for second language learners can be found here Encounters of a Different Kind and The Hunted. I have vacillated so much in what I want to do, and I still have plans to go to the University of Shanghai, but, for now, I feel two masters degrees are enough, so I think I will take a break after this Semester and travel for awhile, probably will need to after studying systemic functional grammar and reading the interminable research. My most recent contribution is to a project found at this address Hot Coffee Professors

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, August 22, 2007 12:24:00 am, Blogger Bing said...

hi helen! how are you?? hope all is well. so you've taken up FUNctional grammar - cool.. its a bit of a pain, but once you get the hang of it (which prolly takes place after the 4th week!!), its not too bad. if you are ever need help with it, im just an email away!

as for me, im about to finish my teaching contract with Brisbane Grammar, and will be heading up north to Aurukun! quite excited and looking forward to it.. well, take good care, and keep in touch.

hugs,
robee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home